|WATCHPOINT Owners, even Morgan dealers, can be bizarre
part-sourcing. For example, some owners feel that they are best to buy
as close to home as possible! Yet it is a simple rule of logic that
farther from the manufacturer one moves the higher retail prices will
be and the lower the level of expertise and knowledge
about the parts you have moved
Additionally, importers charge 2-3 times what sourcing closer to the origin does)
and causes so
1. The MMC prices are no longer the most reasonable that can be found. They are now more often much higher than can be from other sources.
2. The MMC is completing its abandonment of supplying trads with parts begun with the sale of the "old spares" in 2001. They are currently selling off the balance of the inventory in this area, though parts have difficult to obtain for some time. They have noted that their new line has no more than 2% of the same parts.
3. For some time, the MMC has charged an extra percentage on every part they send outside of the UK. In the beginning, the higher prices were supposed to cover shipping &handling. However, now shipping is charged on top of the extra percentage. The percentage for overseas dealers (the USA, Downunder, etc.) is 50%. It makes these ex-UK Morgan dealers totally non-competitive with other sources, even merely buying directly from in UK dealers.
4. The dealer's contract imposed by the MMC forces all dealers to buy parts (if these are available) from the Factory or face punishment and fines.
5. Sadly, the many generations of Factory supply, have spoon fed most Dealers and they do not have the depth of knowledge on the original sources of most parts. The noted "All Parts" sourced above, are very knolwdgeable, and if they have a problem, GoMoG and a private group of Morgan cogniescente will help them.
6. Lastly, some popular dealers who rely on serving older Morgans can be extremely predatory on parts supply for model and year parts not covered by their engagement with the Company. Quality can be bad and I regularly see markups from these people of 50-100% over parts from other sources.
In a nutshell, to protect owners and their Morgans, GoMoG is abandoning its 30 year old rule against publicly recommending dealers. As always, GoMoG will not benefit from any source named. We will name those we have reason to trust. If they fail to meet GoMoG standards at any time in the future, they will be removed. Morgan sources will be prominently displayed, and we have culled the old list of parts suppliers and replaced them with SPECIALISTS in the needed component. If you have suggestions, please send them along!
|ORIGINAL PARTS NUMBERS NON-MORGAN SPECIFIC|
These pages are a limited non-exhaustive list of trustworthy suppliers of the best parts and services to the Morgan owner. GoMoG and its Webmaster have no connection or interest in any supplier mentioned here and receive no recompense or benefit from any. The sources on this page have earned their place on this page through their many years consistent good service to the community and the superior quality of their products.
& Hydraulics Windscreens
Glass and/or frames (heated)
|GoMoG MANUAL||GoMoG MAIN PAGE|